IEA-A glad to announce that TAFE NSW offers international students an opportunity to undertake Diplomas in Hospitality and Events at the same time with “guaranteed” paid work. In addition to that students can directly start to final year of the Bachelor of Business Degree Program. In total three years, three internationally recognised qualification:
– Diploma of Hospitality
– Diploma of Events
– Bachelor of Business
– and 3 years work experience
During “guaranteed” paid employment placements (minimum “guaranteed” 10 hours per week with $23 hourly rate). Students can start the work after completing first 3 months of the Hospitality diploma program. Students legally can work 20 hours per week during school weeks and full time during the holidays.
English Entry requirements:
- IELTS 5.5 or equivalent
– $6325 per semester ( total 4 semester in 2 year programs).
Fee covers tuition, uniforms, texts and registration with Work Solutions for paid employment.
- Two Diplomas in 2 years or
- Two diplomas + Bachelor of Business Degree in 3 years
- Complete a Bachelor of Business with one more year of study in the Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
- 2 years paid work experience at Australian Turf Club (ATC), Rosehill Gardens (2008 Restaurant and Catering NSW/ACT Award for Excellence’ and finalist in the ‘Venue Caterer’ category).
TAFETR English Course Oct 2012, Feb 2013
TAFENSW SWSI Diploma February, April, June, Sep 2013
Students need to start Diploma of Hospitality course (C18115) first and then Diploma of Events course (C18075). The Hospitality course starts on Feb, Apr, Jul, Sep in 2013 and offered at Campbelltown campus. You can find both courses details at the following link
Number of hours work placement
Students gain a minimum of 10 hours paid work a week (after a training period of 3 months without pay) during the course. They also have the opportunity for further work at major events in Sydney such as ANZ Stadium and the Easter show. The minimum hourly wage is $23/hour.
• Cafe/Coffee Shop Operator
• Hotel Service Supervisor
• Hotel/Motel Manager
• Event managers
• Resort management
• Event Coordinator
• Venue coordinator
• Conference coordinator
• Exhibition coordinator
• Event manager
• Venue manager
• Conference manager
• Exhibition manager
Diploma graduates can gain credit of up to two years in either the Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management) or Bachelor of Business (International Hotel Management) with our tertiary partner Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School, ranked No: 1 InAustralasia*.
* by the Hotel and Tourism industry-conducted by Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) PLC in the United Kingdom, the world’s largest provider of custom research and analysis.
There are very limited number of places are available, so please make required announcement to your student base now to not miss this great opportunity.
For further information about the course, college locations and how to apply visit our website