Yes, Australia is the perfect place to improve your English !!! Like any language, the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in that language by using it everyday and speaking it on a day-to-day basis, which you can do when you study in Australia. When you study in Australia, learning English will not be boring. When you study in Australia, you will receive quality English language education, as well as being able to use the language every day! A course to meet your needs Whatever your level of English, an English language college will have a program to meet your needs. Your IEA-A representative can help you find the program best suited to you. Your college will generally provide you with a test that will determine your level. There are five main types of English courses taught in Australia:
- General English – this course focuses on the development of communication skills, particularly speaking and listening.
- English for Academic Purposes – this course will prepare you for study at an English-speaking university or a vocational institute.
- English for Specific Purposes – these courses focus on practical English for specific course areas, including English for Business, Aviation, or Tourism.
- Secondary School Preparation – this course will develop your English for entry into an Australian secondary school.
- IELTS or TOEFL Examination Preparation – these courses will prepare you for English language proficiency examinations, including the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Cambridge Certificates.
You can enrol throughout the year. Full-time course duration generally ranges from four to 50 weeks and courses are taught at all levels of proficiency from beginner to advanced. English language courses comprise at least 20-25 hours of study each week. About 20 hours are spent in the classroom.