AUSTRALIAN English courses
Australia. A perfect place to improve your English
Like any language, the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in that language by using it everyday and speaking it on a day-to-day basis, which you can do when you study in Australia.
When you study in Australia, learning English will not be boring. When you study in Australia, you will receive quality English language education, as well as being able to use the language every day!
A course to meet your needs
Whatever your level of English, an English language college will have a program to meet your needs. Your IEA-A representative can help you find the program best suited to you. Your college will generally provide you with a test that will determine your level.
There are five main types of English courses taught in Australia:
· General English – this course focuses on the development of communication skills, particularly speaking and listening.
· English for Academic Purposes – this course will prepare you for study at an English-speaking university or a vocational institute.
· English for Specific Purposes – these courses focus on practical English for specific course areas, including English for Business, Aviation, or Tourism.
· Secondary School Preparation – this course will develop your English for entry into an Australian secondary school.
· IELTS or TOEFL Examination Preparation – these courses will prepare you for English language proficiency examinations, including the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and Cambridge Certificates.
You can enroll throughout the year. Full-time course duration generally ranges from four to 50 weeks and courses are taught at all levels of proficiency from beginner to advanced. English language courses comprise at least 20-25 hours of study each week. About 20 hours are spent in the classroom
Quality assurance of English language training
ELICOS sets standards for class sizes, the professional qualifications of teachers, curriculum, teaching methods and materials so you can be assured of a top quality education.
· National ELICOS Accreditation Scheme (NEAS)
The National ELICOS Accreditation Scheme (NEAS) is Australia’s official English language training accreditation system. It is internationally renowned as world’s best practice in the regulation and quality assurance of English language tuition. Under this system you assured of the best English language tuition in the world. They make guidelines on;
· class sizes;
· the professional qualifications of teachers
· approved curriculum
· teaching methods and materials
· accommodation services provided by the college
· orientation programs on arrival
· organised social and cultural activities; and
· welfare counselling.
· The Australian Council of Private Education and Training (ACPET)
The Australian Council of Private Education and Training (ACPET) is the peak association of private providers of higher education and vocational education and training in Australia. It represents over 400 members in dealing with government, the education and training community and has, as its mission, the enhancement of quality, choice, innovation and diversity in Australian education and training for individual, national and global development.
· English Australia
English Australia is a group of about 65 colleges working to high professional standards set by the ELICOS Association, the association of centres teaching English to international students in Australia. English Australia colleges give a guarantee of quality and fee security. They have modern facilities usually including language laboratories, video and library facilities.
All colleges that International Education Agency – Australia offers are top quality and you can be assured of receiving the best education.