New research shows international students’ level of satisfaction with Australian education is on the rise.
According to The National Survey of International Students Studying in Australia report,
- 84% of international students were satisfied or
- very satisfied with their study experience and 86% with their living experience in Australia.
“It was also encouraging to find that more than 85% of students were satisfied or very satisfied with the level of support they received on arrival, confirming Australia’s reputation as a country that welcomes international students,” said Minister for Tertiary Education, Senator Chris Evans.
In the latest survey, conducted from late 2009 to mid 2010, the top four factors influencing tertiary students’ decision to study in Australia were:
- quality of teaching (94% of respondents);
- reputation of the qualification from their chosen education institution (93%);
- personal safety (92%), and;
- reputation of the institution (91%).
The overview report is available at www.aei.gov.au