What are the visa types and how do you obtain them?

There are different types of visas to enter Australia depending on your nationality, age and reason for your trip (holiday, study or work).

Student Visa SC 500

Australia’s overseas student program allows foreign students to complete their studies in Australia at a variety of levels.

As a non-citizen if you want to study in Australia you must apply for a student visa.

Visas are granted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC). Your International Education Agency – Australia (IEA-A) partner in your country or My Study on Australia student Counsellor from Australian Office can make your student visa application for you please contact for further information .

Only courses under three months’ duration can be undertaken on a visitor visa or working holiday visa. If you intend to study for more than three months, you must apply for a student visa.

Advantages to studying on a student visa include:

  • you will have access to Australia’s subsidised student health cover;
  • you will be allowed to study for longer than three months; and
  • you can apply for permission to work part time.

You can apply for your student visa as soon as you receive a letter of offer or electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for your full time course of study. Your IEA-A representative can help you.

Student visa information on this website is an outline only and subject to change. For more detailed, accurate and up-to-date information on student visas and visa requirements please visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website or speak to your My Study in Australia Student Counsellor.

Our consultation is FREE. We will get back to you within 24 hours


    Enter your email to get instant access to the Document

      Your information is 100% secure with us

      Enter your email to get instant access to the webinar recording

        Your information is 100% secure with us