The Subclass 103 parent visa allows parents to move to Australia if more of their children live in Australia than any other country
Parent Visa (Subclass 103) holders can:
• Live in Australia as a permanent resident
• Sponsor eligible relatives to come to Australia
• Get access to Medicare
• Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
Applying for a Parent (Subclass 103) Visa
To be eligible to apply for a parent Subclass 103 visa, you must meet the below criteria
• be outside Australia when we decide on your application
• be sponsored by your child or a relative
You must be sponsored. Usually, this will be your child who must be:
• 18 years old or older
• A settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
BALANCE OF FAMILY TEST
At least half of your children live permanently in Australia, or
More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country
HEALTH AND CHARACTER
You must meet health and character requirements
How long will it take to get a decision on your 103 visa?
The processing times for this visa are not specified.
Processing will take a number of years
You may be able to include immediate family in your application when you apply
Family members who are being included in the application must meet the health and character requirements. Family members who are not coming to Australia may also have to meet the health and character requirements.